top of page

Self-Build Insurance Made Easy!

It’s easy to get a quote for your Site insurance and/or Structural Warranty! Simply fill out our online form.

  • Admin

We are at Homebuilding & Renovating Farnborough

The Homebuilding & Renovating Show takes place this weekend.

When: Saturday 19 and Sunday 20 January 2019 Where: Farnborough IE&CC

Stand: D103

Come along to find out more about our site insurance, building control and structural warranty products.

Site Insurance

Site Insurance is of fundamental importance when investing your money into property development, especially as the sums are almost always five of six figures. Whether your project is Conversion, Renovation, Extension or a New Build, you will invariably need comprehensive protection for the new works, existing structure (if there is one) and the rest of the site. You must protect the existing structure and all the new work against such losses as fire, theft, flood, storm damage, vandalism and accidental damage.

It's important not to solely rely on your standard building insurance to cover the cost of any loss as, more often than not, they will not pay out on a loss that involves a property under development.

Building Control

Using our in-house team BZSS, we can facilitate all your building control and technical audits survey needed for the warranty and building regulations. This can save time and money over using the local authority.

Structural Warranty

Self-Build Zone Warranty provides a much better alternative to Architect's Certification and is similar to NHBC and other Structural Warranty products. It is specifically designed for New Build, Conversions, Extensions and Completed Properties and is backed by Lloyd's of London. Apart from the peace of mind you gain by having a Self-Build Zone structural Warranty, most Lenders will probably require a warranty as part of the lending criteria. This is also useful if your circumstances change and you need to sell the property in the next 10 years, you will find it likely that your prospective purchaser's Lender will require a Structural Warranty on the property before releasing any money.

Do not rely on Architect's Certificate, as this will only provide cover in the event that you are able to establish negligence by the architect, which will be covered under their Professional Indemnity Insurance, but only for a period of 6 years and it will not cover workmanship or defective materials. The Build-Zone Warranty applies for a period of 10 years and will respond straight away as a 'prime' policy and the insurers will then take on recovery action against those responsible.

We will be doing a masterclass on the 'Do's and Don'ts' of a Self-Build and how to protect your property from the start.

You can still register here for entry for 2 people to The Homebuilding & Renovating Show - Farnborough. To register for your pair of tickets, simply complete your details and we’ll email you your ticket, plus keep you up-to-date with the latest show news and show highlights that you’re interested in.

See you at the show!

114 views0 comments
bottom of page